Hello, dear readers!
Today I have a very special guest… the author of Like a Feather, Naomi Kenyon!
I will be asking her some questions about herself and her novel!
1. Where did the name for your debut, Like a Feather, come from? What was the inspiration?
To this day, I don’t even know! I thought it was a nice, straight forward title that would get peoples’ attention. You could also take it as a metaphor (like, feeling as light as a feather; having peace. Which is a big subject in the book.)
2. If you had to read books from only one author for the rest of your life, who would you choose?
Probably Terri Blackstock. She has some great suspense/crime novels!
3. What is your favorite not-spoilery moment from Like a Feather?
The end. It’s very bittersweet, and I just love reading the last line over and over! I also very much like chapter 60, when Sam and Penelope are talking in a hospital room. I just love those two!!
4. Tough questions here… paperback or hardcover?
Oh, that is kinda tough! I like hard just because it doesn’t damage as easy, but I also like paperback because it’s soft and cozy. If that even makes sense at all!
5. If you could spend a day with just one of your characters, who would it be and why?
Rick! I love him so much! He has such a sarcastic, yet fun, personality! I feel like you could get into some good deep conversations with him, considering is past experience.
6. Can we expect any other novels in the near future?
I’m not sure about near (as in, life is a little up in the air at the moment) but definitely in the future! I am working on a prequel to Like A Feather that very much revolves around Rick.
7. And, lastly, what inspired you to publish Like a Feather?
I told you this Oceane (), but what really made me want to get the novel done was because most of the YA novels I would pick up at the library, I would have to put back just as fast. A good book does not have to include unnecessary *ahem* scenes.
A special thanks to Naomi for doing this with me! She’s a fellow indie author with a passion for clean literature. You can learn more about her below!
Naomi Kenyon is a Christian YA author who grew up in NY state and was homeschooled along with her 7 brothers and 3 sisters. Like A Feather, Naomi’s debut novel, was self-published at age 17
She can be found on Instagram, Goodreads, Youtube, and Facebook